The Vertable –
- Install the upper and lower aluminium cross bars on to the main uprights to form the frame. NOTE – attach the bar with the Salad Table sticker to the top of the frame facing to the front.
- Loosely insert nuts and bolts to the inside of each bracket leaving enough thread to slide the channel lip under each bolt head. Ensure nut is on the bottom.
- Place the 4 channels onto the brackets making sure the lip slides under the bolt heads… NOTE – Ensure the channel with the small black feed pipe is placed on the top row with the feed pipe at the higher end.
- Insert the remainder of the nuts and bolts to the front of each bracket. Centralise each channel and then tighten bolts with a screwdriver. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
- Remove all 4 lids and place behind channels.
- CAUTION - Gently attach (DO NOT PUSH TOO HARD) the supplied pipes to the ends of the top and 2nd channel, 2nd and 3rd channel and the 3rd and 4th channels. The remaining pipe with the open end (outlet pipe) should then be gently attached to the opposite end of the 4th channel with the pipe facing down. To seat all pipes, place 4 fingers inside the end of each channel and gently press the pipes into place using 4 fingers and 2 thumbs. Do not apply too much pressure. Repeat this process if any leaks occur when the pump is running.
- Refit all 4 lids
- Place your nutrient container below the outlet pipe.
- Attach the long 13mm feeder pipe by screwing the male and female fittings together.
- Place the pump into the nutrient tank and fit the feeder pipe onto the pump.
- Add 150ml A and 150ml B nutrient to your 60L tank. Shake nutrient container well before use.
- Fill the 60L nutrient tank with fresh water until full and connect pump power cable to a power outlet. Place the lid on top allowing the feeder pipe, return pipe and power cord to pass through the hole.
- Your Vertical Salad Table is now ready to turn on and add seedlings. We recommend running your pump 24/7 as it uses very small amounts of power.
Your Salad Table is best positioned when it receives plenty of sun. At least 4 hours a day will give good results. It has been designed with an inbuilt slope on each channel and is only suited for a flat level surface.
For extra stability, attach the top of your vertical Salad Table to a wall or fence.
Your Salad Table nutrient is specifically blended to suit all phases of plant growth, all year round.
Rate of application is 150ml of A nutrient and 150ml of B nutrient per 60 Litres of water. Shake nutrient containers well before use.
Every 2 or 3 weeks drain your nutrient tank and refill with a fresh batch of nutrient and water. Top up tank as required, ensuring water level does not drop below pump intake. Add nutrient as needed. A general rule of thumb is to add 25ml of A nutrient and 25ml of B nutrient to every 10 Litres of water when topping up. Water/nutrient usage will increase during warmer months and as plants mature.
Pump filter must be cleaned regularly. Failure to do so will void all warranty. To clean, remove inlet cover and foam filter (if fitted). Rinse foam filter in warm soapy water. Reassemble and ensure water is flowing into channels. We recommend cleaning the filter every 2 weeks or more frequently if debris enters the system. Refer to pump manufacturer’s directions for maintenance and operation.
Do not let pump run dry. A pump that runs dry will void all warranty.
Cleaning The Salad Table
Remove lids to clean inside channel. Use a bristle brush and/or cloth with soapy water to eliminate any debris. Ensure contaminated water runs to waste and not into nutrient tank. Clean nutrient tank regularly with fresh water.
Growing Your Seedlings
Using the supplied seedling grow cubes, add your chosen seed to the predrilled hole at the top.
Place grow cubes into an open container and add fresh water so that they are moist. Drain excess water off.
Note - You may soak the Grow Cubes with water before adding seeds as an alternate option.
Seedlings will not grow if they are too wet.
Place seedlings in a well-lit (sunny), warm location and keep moist, NOT WET. Ensure that NO water pools in the container. The grow cubes draw water up and you can feel by weight when they start to dry out. It is important to let them dry out (not too dry) as they will grow stronger, faster and be less prone to insects and disease.
Once the seeds begin to germinate, water the seedlings with your premixed nutrient from the 60 litre nutrient tank observing the watering procedure above. NOT TOO WET…
As the seedlings begin to mature, give them more direct sunlight each day. If your seedlings become leggy (long and spindly) this means they need more direct sunlight.
You should expect a seedling to be ready to transplant into The Salad Table after about 4 weeks. This will vary depending on location, season, weather, temperature and plant variety.
Seedlings should be ready for consumption after about 4 weeks. Again, this depends on location, season, weather, temperature and plant variety.
PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK TO OUR VERTABLE VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
To order nutrient and grow cubes please visit our online store at -
“Remember, there are no rules – experiment, and enjoy”